Manage episode 220563091 series 60397
Can a biography help us explore big historical questions?
Can knowing about the life of John Marshall, the fourth Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court, help us better understand the Supreme Court and how it came to occupy the powerful place it has in the United State government?
Show Notes: https://www.benfranklinsworld.com/211
- Omohundro Institute
- John Marshall Foundation
- Richard Brookhiser’s Virginia Museum of History & Culture Talk
- OI Reader App for Bonus Content
- Episode 055: Robb Haberman, John Jay: Forgotten Founder
- Episode 068: Richard Brookhiser, Founders’ Son: A Life of Abraham Lincoln
- Episode 180: Kate Elizabeth Brown, Alexander Hamilton and the Making of American Law
- Episode 203: Joanne Freeman, Alexander Hamilton
- Episode 204: James Lewis Jr., The Burr Conspiracy
- Episode 209: Considering Biography
- Episode 210: Considering John Marshall, Part 1
Helpful Show Links
- Ben Franklin's World Facebook Page
- Ben Franklin’s World Twitter: @BFWorldPodcast
- Join the Ben Franklin's World Community
- Sign-up for the Franklin Gazette Newsletter
- Ben Franklin's World iOS App
- Ben Franklin's World Android App
*Books purchased through this link will help support the production of Ben Franklin's World.
245 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 59 mins duration .