Manage episode 221569509 series 60397
In 1621, the Pilgrims of Plimoth Colony and their Wampanoag neighbors came together to celebrate their first harvest. Today we remember this event as the first Thanksgiving.
But what do we really know about this holiday and the people who celebrated it?
So much of what we know about the Pilgrims and the first Thanksgiving comes to us through myth and legend, which is why Rebecca Fraser, author of The Mayflower: The Families, The Voyage, and the Founding of America, joins us to help suss out fact from fiction.
Show Notes: https://www.benfranklinsworld.com/213
Seattle Meet Up Details
- Episode 095: Rose Doherty, A Tale of Two Bostons
- Episode 104: Andrew Lipman, Saltwater Frontier: Native Americans and Colonists on the Northeastern Coast
- Episode 121: Wim Klooster, The Dutch Moment in the 17th-Century Atlantic World
- Episode 182: Douglas Winiarski, When Darkness Falls On The Land of Light
- Episode 191: Lisa Brooks, A New History of King Philip’s War
- Episode 209: Considering Biography
Helpful Show Links
- Ben Franklin's World Facebook Page
- Ben Franklin’s World Twitter: @BFWorldPodcast
- Join the Ben Franklin's World Community
- Sign-up for the Franklin Gazette Newsletter
- Ben Franklin's World iOS App
- Ben Franklin's World Android App
*Books purchased through this link will help support the production of Ben Franklin's World.
244 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 59 mins duration .