Manage episode 223069118 series 60397
What do George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, and Abraham Lincoln have in common?
They all grew-up in blended or stepfamilies.
Lisa Wilson, the Charles J. MacCurdy Professor of American History at Connecticut College and author of A History of Stepfamilies in Early America, takes us through the creation and interactions of blended and stepfamilies in early America.
This episode originally posted as Episode 027.
Show Notes: https://www.benfranklinsworld.com/216
- Episode 150: Woody Holton, Abigail Adams
- Episode 175: Daniel Epstein, House Divided: The Revolution in Ben Franklin’s House
- Episode 183: Douglas Bradburn, Mount Vernon
- Episode 207: Nick Bunker, Young Benjamin Franklin
Helpful Show Links
- Ben Franklin's World Facebook Page
- Ben Franklin’s World Twitter: @BFWorldPodcast
- Join the Ben Franklin's World Community
- Sign-up for the Franklin Gazette Newsletter
- Ben Franklin's World iOS App
- Ben Franklin's World Android App
*Books purchased through this link will help support the production of Ben Franklin's World.
263 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 58 mins duration .