Manage episode 225085339 series 60397
Can food help us better understand the people and events of the past? Can we better understand a person like Benjamin Franklin and who he was by the foods he ate?
Rae Katherine Eighmey, an award-winning food historian, author, and cook, joins us to explore the culinary tastes and habits of Benjamin Franklin and colonial British Americans with details from her book Stirring the Pot with Benjamin Franklin: A Founding Father’s Culinary Adventures.
Show Notes: https://www.benfranklinsworld.com/221
- Omohundro Institute
- OI Books (Use promo code 01DAH40 to save 40 percent)
- Denver Meet Up Saturday, January 19, 3:30pm at Prost Brewing
- Episode 019: Kenneth Turino, The Colonial Boston Marketplace
- Episode 022: Vivian Bruce Conger, Deborah Read Franklin & Sally Franklin Bache
- Episode 044: Adam Shprintzen, The Vegetarian Crusade
- Episode 135: Julie Holcomb, Moral Commerce: The Tranatlantic Boycott of the Slave Labor Economy
- Episode 169: Thomas S. Kidd, The Religious Life of Benjamin Franklin
- Episode 207: Nick Bunker, Young Benjamin Franklin
Helpful Show Links
- Ben Franklin's World Facebook Page
- Ben Franklin’s World Twitter: @BFWorldPodcast
- Join the Ben Franklin's World Community
- Sign-up for the Franklin Gazette Newsletter
- Ben Franklin's World iOS App
- Ben Franklin's World Android App
*Books purchased through this link will help support the production of Ben Franklin's World.