Manage episode 228565308 series 60397
On the evening of March 5, 1770, a crowd gathered in Boston’s King Street and confronted a a sentry and his fellow soldiers in front of the custom house. The confrontation led the soldiers to fire their muskets into the crowd, five civilians died.
What happened on the night of March 5, 1770 that led the crowd to gather and the soldiers to discharge their weapons?
Show Notes: https://www.benfranklinsworld.com/228
- Bonus Episode: J.L. Bell, The Stamp Act of 1765
- Episode 106: Jane Kamensky, The World of John Singleton Copley
- Episode 112: Mary Beth Norton, The Tea Crisis of 1773
- Episode 129: J.L. Bell, The Road to Concord, 1775
- Episode 130: Paul Revere’s Ride Through History
- Episode 161: Smuggling and the American Revolution
- Episode 186: Max Edelson, The New Map of the British Empire
Helpful Show Links
- Ben Franklin's World Facebook Page
- Ben Franklin’s World Twitter: @BFWorldPodcast
- Join the Ben Franklin's World Community
- Sign-up for the Franklin Gazette Newsletter
- Ben Franklin's World iOS App
- Ben Franklin's World Android App
*Books purchased through this link will help support the production of Ben Franklin's World.
245 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 59 mins duration .