Manage episode 234103960 series 60397
How did the postal system work in Early America? How did people send mail across the North American colonies and the British Empire?
Joseph Adelman, an Assistant Professor of History at Framingham State University and author of Revolutionary Networks: The Business and Politics of Printing, 1763-1789, joins us to further explore how the early American postal system worked and how people and mail traveled around early North America and the Atlantic World.
Show Notes: https://www.benfranklinsworld.com/239
- Episode 028: Janice Fontanella, Building the Erie Canal
- Episode 113: Brian Murphy, Building the Empire State
- Episode 156: The Power of the Press in the American Revolution
- Episode 200: Everyday Life in Early America
- Episode 219: Adrian Covert, Taverns in Early America
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Ben Franklin's World iOS App
- Ben Franklin's World Android App
- Join the Ben Franklin's World Facebook Group
- Ben Franklin’s World Twitter: @BFWorldPodcast
- Ben Franklin's World Facebook Page
- Sign-up for the Franklin Gazette Newsletter
*Books purchased through the links on this post will help support the production of Ben Franklin's World.
252 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 58 mins duration .