Manage episode 263434463 series 60397
What kinds of animals did early Americans keep as pets? How did early Americans acquire pets? What kinds of animals did early Americans keep as pets?
Ingrid Tague, a Professor of History at the University of Denver and the author of Animal Companions: Pets and Social Change in Eighteenth-Century Britain, joins us to answer your questions about pets and pet keeping in Early America.
Show Notes: https://www.benfranklinsworld.com/275
- Omohundro Institute
- The Ben Franklin's World Shop
- Virtual Public Event: Equality: A Historical Perspective
- Episode 067: John Ryan Fischer, An Environmental History of Early California & Hawaii
- Episode 077: Rinker Buck, The Oregon Trail
- Episode 168: Andrea Smalley, Wild By Nature: Colonists and Animals in North America
- Episode 234: Richard Bushman, Farms & Farm Families in Early America
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Ben Franklin's World iOS App
- Ben Franklin's World Android App
- Join the Ben Franklin's World Facebook Group
- Ben Franklin’s World Twitter: @BFWorldPodcast
- Ben Franklin's World Facebook Page
- Sign-up for the Franklin Gazette Newsletter
*Books purchased through the links on this post will help support the production of Ben Franklin's World.