Manage episode 210366432 series 2359394
In This Episode:
Dr. K explains what to know about cerebral small vessel disease (SVD), a very common brain condition linked to cognitive decline, balance and walking problems, dementia, and other significant health issues. She covers:
- Common terms used by radiologists to describe this condition, such as “white matter disease,””small vessel ischemia,” and others
- What is cerebral SVD
- What are the symptoms that can be caused by this condition
- Risk factors and other potential causes for cerebral SVD
- How to treat and prevent cerebral SVD
- Why it’s not usually a good idea to request an MRI to check for this condition
- What to do if you’re concerned about cerebral SVD for yourself or an older loved one
The post 048 How Cerebral Small Vessel Disease Affects Most Aging Brains appeared first on Better Health While Aging.
91 episodes available. A new episode about every 14 days averaging 34 mins duration .