Manage episode 210366431 series 2359394
In This Episode:
Dr. K talks with Griffin Myers, MD, Chief Medical Officer of Oak Street Health, a Chicago-based network of primary care clinics designed to serve older adults. They discuss:
- What makes Oak Street Health’s primary care different from usual primary care
- Why every patient is assigned to a team and not just a doctor
- How Oak Street Health uses patient relations managers, care managers, pharmacists, and other team members to address issues that many primary care providers don’t
- The problems with fee-for-service in primary care, and the benefits of accountable care
- How Oak Street Health is able to serve seniors of all income levels, without charging extra fees
- How they help older adults avoid risky medications
- Advice for innovators developing health technologies for aging adults
The post 049 Better Primary Care for Older Adults:
the Oak Street Health Story appeared first on Better Health While Aging.
91 episodes available. A new episode about every 14 days averaging 34 mins duration .