Manage episode 210366423 series 2359394
In This Episode:
Dr. K explains cardiovascular risk factors, which often contribute to cerebral small vessel disease, a common brain health problem in older adults. She covers:
- Why blood vessel health is key to brain and heart health
- 3 key ways blood vessels become damaged over time
- What is atherosclerosis
- The top risk factor for having a heart attack, stroke, or other cardiovascular event
- 12 key cardiovascular risk factors to know
- 5 key approaches every older adult should use, to improve cardiovascular health
- What to do, if a brain scan shows signs of cerebral small vessel disease
- How to Address Cardiovascular Risk Factors for Better Brain Health: 12 Risks to Know & 5 Things to Do
- What is inflammation?
- 6 Steps to Better High Blood Pressure Treatment for Older Adults
- Quitting Smoking for Older Adults
- Maintaining Mobility & Preventing Falls in Aging: Myths & Truths
- Go4Life from the National Institute on Aging (exercise website)
- How to Follow the Mediterranean Diet for Aging Health, & Related Research Findings
- Addressing Loneliness in Aging
- Cognitive behavioral therapy for anxiety and insomnia
- 5 Top Causes of Sleep Problems in Aging, & Proven Ways to Treat Insomnia
- 4 Types of Brain-Slowing Medication to Avoid if You re Worried About Memory
The post 057 How to Manage Cardiovascular Risk Factors for Better Brain Health appeared first on Better Health While Aging.
91 episodes available. A new episode about every 14 days averaging 33 mins duration .