Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on May 15, 2019 14:48 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next hour. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 212567746 series 2359394
In This Episode:
Dr. K explains what should happen during an initial medical evaluation when an older person develops memory or thinking problems. She covers:
- What is cognitive impairment and why it’s important to get a medical evaluation
- What kind of cognitive changes are considered normal with aging
- 10 common health issues that can affect memory and thinking
- 10 things a health provider should generally do, during an initial evaluation for cognitive impairment
- The key things the initial evaluation should address
- Whether to expect a definitive diagnosis
- What to expect from your health providers
- Cognitive Impairment in Aging: 10 Common Causes & 10 Things the Doctor Should Check
- How We Diagnose Dementia: The Practical Basics to Know
- The IOM Report on Cognitive Aging
- 4 Types of Medication to Avoid if You re Worried About Memory
- Cerebral Small Vessel Disease: What to Know & What to Do
- 8 Behaviors to Take Note of if You Think Someone Might Have Alzheimer s
- 10 Things to Know About HIPAA & Access to a Relative s Health Information
- What are Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) & Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs)?
- Understanding Laboratory Tests: 10 Commonly Used Blood Tests for Older Adults
The post 069 Evaluating Memory & Thinking Problems:
10 Causes & 10 Things to Check appeared first on Better Health While Aging.
91 episodes available. A new episode about every 14 days averaging 33 mins duration .