Manage episode 215533965 series 2359394
In This Episode:
Dr. K explains how memory and thinking change as one gets older, due to normal cognitive aging. She covers:
- How cognitive aging is different from a neurodegenerative process such as Alzheimer’s disease
- 6 ways that memory, other mental processes, and emotional processing change with aging
- Why certain mental tasks become harder in late life
- The difference between fluid and crystallized intelligence
- Worrisome signs that should not be attributed to normal cognitive aging
- Practical ways to maintain better brain function, and to compensate for normal age-related changes
- 6 Ways that Memory & Thinking Change with Normal Aging (& What to Do About This)
- 10 Early Signs and Symptoms of Alzheimer’s (includes examples of normal aging)
- How to Promote Brain Health: The Healthy Aging Checklist, Part 1
- Cognitive Aging: Progress in Understanding and Opportunities for Action (National Academy of Medicine Report)
- Pocket Talker
The post 072 Cognitive Aging: How Memory & Thinking Change as One Gets Older appeared first on Better Health While Aging.
91 episodes available. A new episode about every 14 days averaging 33 mins duration .