Manage episode 222294377 series 2359394
In This Episode:
Dr. K addresses an older parent’s concerns and frustrations regarding her son’s attempts to help her with her health, and their differing views on what she needs. She covers:
- What to do if you’re an older parent frustrated by your adult child’s concerns for you
- How to communicate better and help your family understand what matters most to you
- Why it’s essential to address goals, priorities, and advance planning
- Why everyone needs to think about acceptance and boundaries
- The importance of fostering a stronger relationship and more connectedness
- Why older adults should be very careful about entirely cutting off their adult children
- How to negotiate a better way forward, and how to get help doing so
The post 079 QA: Advice for Older Parents Frustrated by Their Family’s Concerns appeared first on Better Health While Aging.
91 episodes available. A new episode about every 14 days averaging 33 mins duration .