Manage episode 224068057 series 2359394
In This Episode:
Dr. K talks with family caregiving expert Carol Levine, Director of the Families and Health Care Project at the United Hospital Fund of New York about her new book, Navigating Your Later Years for Dummies. They discuss:
- How to be proactive about your current and future age-related needs
- Why it’s vital to start by taking a personal inventory of your preferences and resources
- How your financial situation affects your housing and care options in later life
- Why it’s especially helpful to discuss your finances and your living will with family
- Pros and cons of aging in your own long-time home
- Why it’s important to know that Medicare doesn’t cover most long-term care services
- Planning tips for those aging alone or without family support
- The value of aging within a community and maintaining a support network
- How Carol has talked with her own children & planned for her own aging
- How to avoid getting overwhelmed by the process
The post 081 Interview: How to Plan Ahead for Your Later Years appeared first on Better Health While Aging.
91 episodes available. A new episode about every 14 days averaging 33 mins duration .