Manage episode 225826079 series 2359394
In This Episode:
- How Kavan met Bill Thomas and why they founded ChangingAging.org
- How approaches to aging have improved over the past decade
- Why the ChangingAging Tour emphasizes listening sessions, and the top two concerns they hear about
- Why multi-generational interaction is so important
- Why ChangingAging decided to focus on disrupting dementia
- The Village of Hope project and the creation of dementia-friendly communities
- How technological innovations can help care for aging adults
- What’s next for ChangingAging, Minka and MAGIC in 2019
- How and why you should get involved in creating age-friendly communities
- VILLAGE OF HOPE: Plans unveiled for dementia-friendly housing facility
- What is a Pocket Neighborhood?
- Harvest Home Care
- Area Agencies on Aging
- Dementia Friends
The post 083 Interview: Disrupting Dementia and Creating Dementia-Friendly Communities appeared first on Better Health While Aging.
96 episodes available. A new episode about every 14 days averaging 30 mins duration .