Manage episode 245206918 series 2080595
Nir Eyal writes, consults and teaches about behavior design and habit formation -- at the intersection of psychology, technology, and business. He has been dubbed “The Prophet of Habit-Forming Technology” by the MIT Technology Review, has founded two tech companies since 2003 and has taught at the Stanford Graduate School of Business and the Hasso Plattner Institute of Design at Stanford.
Nir is also the author of the bestselling book, “Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products” and a brand new book called “Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life.”
On this episode, you will hear Nir talk about:
- What really causes distraction (Hint: it’s not technology!)
- How we use distraction as a coping mechanism for escaping discomfort
- How planning and timeboxing can help you avoid distraction (and why to-do lists are a myth)
- How to become indistractable at work
For more information about Indistractable:
- Order the book and get bonus content at www.indistractable.com
- Download the free distraction guide and timeboxing schedule maker tool
You can also read more of Nir’s writing on his blog at www.nirandfar.com.