Manage episode 260937683 series 2102331
The challenges around structure, limit-setting, and boundaries are continuing throughout the coronavirus situation, so this is another of what I’m calling “The Pandemic Episodes.” What does life look like if it stays the same for many months — or years — to come? When one day blurs into another, it’s so easy to fall into bad habits. Grab a pen and some paper, and get ready for a workshop-inspired episode to help you fix what’s not working in your schedule.
Biggest Takeaways From Episode #89:
- Whenever you want to change something, the first thing to do is to review what’s not working in the situation so you can figure out what to do about it. Get a piece of paper and write it down!
- Next, write down all of the possible solutions for each problem you’ve come up with. Don’t censor yourself; write down whatever comes to mind.
- Once you have your potential solutions, come up with a strategy that will work for you. Try pairing something you want to do with something you’re already doing.
- Calendarizing is so important. Each week, write out a calendar for what you want to accomplish the next week.
Highlights from Episode #89:
- Vicki welcomes listeners to this episode, which will help you get a better schedule! She starts off by talking about what she’s seeing in Houston, Texas. [00:40]
- We hear Vicki’s thoughts on how long the current situation will continue, and how that relates to today’s episode. [05:24]
- Vicki shares the first step when you want to change something. [08:04]
- The next step is to write down all of the possible solutions. Vicki talks about this strategy, as well as about figuring out what kind of structure works for you. [10:54]
- Your next assignment in this workshop episode is to come up with a strategy or plan. [14:51]
- Vicki talks about her process for writing out her weekly calendar. [15:59]
- Be willing to adjust, revisit, and course-correct anything that’s not working for you. And don't forget, baby steps! [19:28]
Links and Resources: