Manage episode 202933811 series 60774
This month, I’m joined by Andrew (DJPimpDaddy) to talk about his experiences with community building. Andrew shares with us the rise and fall of two successful gaming communities that he has been involved in.http://media.blubrry.com/beyondbossfights/djpimpdaddy.forgot.his.name/beyondbossfights/Beyond%20Bossfights%20Ep%209.mp3
Guest this episode: Andrew from itguydown.com
Main Topic – When a Gaming Community Dies
Questions/Topics for discussion:
- What was This Week in Minecraft and how did it come about?
- What were your goals for the show?/Did you consider the show successful?
- What was your (personal) reason for doing the show (if different than the goal question)?
- When did you realize that things were going south?
- What made you realize that it was time to end the show?
- Now that you had been through this experience, you had a chance to start from scratch and “do things right” from the start with LNS.
- What was LNS, and what kinds of things did you do differently from the very beginning?
- How was LNS received?
- Did you recognize some of the signs of pending trouble from your previous experiences? If so, did you try to correct course on the fly?
- What was the “final straw” for LNS?
- How did you feel when you realized this had happened *again*?
- At this point, do you feel there is a solution for the hobbyist who is striving to both a) build an audience and b) keep it affordable? What can the rest of us take away from your experiences?
What I’ve Been Up To
Please support my Extra Life at: Extra-life.org/participant/braxwolf
And check out the cool game raffles I’m doing for hitting donation milestones!
I was included in Massively.com’s A Dozen MMO Podcasts You Should Check Out! Thanks for the shout-out, Massively!
Great show, mighty Braxwolf. The topic you explored this week is an important one and one that most gamers need to hear more about, myself included. Thank you very much for the food for thought. It was a full meal indeed. I enjoyed listening to Cari and Sig as well. They both contributed nicely to the conversation.
Not really sure how you see things from your end, but from where I sit, Beyond Bossfights feels like a labor of love. The consistent quality and thought-provoking conversations are a real pleasure to listen to. I sincerely hope you continue to put these out for years to come.
I’m a big fan of this podcast, as it offers a lot of very interesting perspectives on some of the wider issues around gaming and MMORPG’s, too. It’s well edited, and with great sound quality. Would definitely recommend!
Voiceover by Alexa Rubinov
#podcast #conversation #MMO
70 episodes available. A new episode about every 56 days .