Manage episode 226229356 series 2078652
I'm delighted to have my BONUS mom chatting today about parenting, and then grand-parenting! She raised 4 kids in small town Idaho, after growing up in California. She's shared so many nuggets of wisdom in our chat, it's hard to summarize it here!
She shared about her first job working for her dad in the radio business, going to college in Hawaii, and the "2 time stick" she kept visible for her kids to remember to do their chores when asked.
She speaks about being an empty nester, and nurturing your marriage, and then about her husband passing away and re-marrying (my dad).
Here are a few quote-able quotes from our chat:
- "Teach the gospel on the walls of your home."
- "Don't "should" on yourself."
- "Dare to be Different."
- "Food is LOVE."
- 4 A's of a relationship and parenting: Accept, adapt, admire, and appreciate
- "My home is clean enough to be healthy and healthy enough to be happy."
Stephanie is the QUEEN of silly one-liners, and we talked about how she doesn't even realize she's saying something unique. Here are a few of the one-liners she is known for that my dad mentioned after our chat:
- "It's hotter than Dutch love."
- "That story went over about as well as a pregnant pole vaulter."
- "I'll feel gladder when my bladder is flatter."
- "I'm busier than a one-armed paper hanger."
- "Birds have bills too, but they keep on singing."
- "I've got so much to do I feel like I'm trying to put 10 pounds of potatoes in a 5 pound bag."
Join us on Instagram this week to share your favorite part of the episode!
79 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 60 mins duration .