Manage episode 209717363 series 2327329
Saving America From Opioids
Dr. Scott Sigman, MD - A Fellowship trained Opioid Sparing Sports Orthopedic Surgeon and global proponent for the minimization of opioids in post-operative pain, talks with us on America's struggles with opioids and how we got to this point.
- History of the Opioid Epidemic.
- The addictiveness of Opioids.
- Who is at the most risk to get addicted to Opioids?
- Athletes and their risk of Opioid addiction.
- How did the Opioid Epidemic start?
- America's use of Opioids compared to other countries.
- The benefits of using Opioid Sparing Surgery.
- How Opioid Sparing Surgery works and how well will it control my pain?
- Are there any side effects to using Opioid Sparing Surgery.
- How does EXPAREL work, and how can patients request it.
- What should people be asking their doctor if they are afraid of using Opioid drugs?
- Dr. Sigman's efforts to spread his message across America and save America from Opiods.
31 episodes available. A new episode about every 14 days .