Manage episode 224974087 series 1185057
This week we threw out our standard format to look at our five-plus year journey as podcasters, and talk about how we plan to shake up our format in 2019.
Audio listeners might want to visit the blog to watch the video because we do some screen sharing to show our analytics in the second half of this episode. You can find the video at http://beyondsocialmediashow.com/254
We want this podcast to be as valuable for you as it is for us to produce, so we’d like to know what you like, what you don’t and what you wish we’d add.
In this episode, we covered why we started, the technology and marketing channels we use (we started on BlogTalkRadio!) and our equipment, which is supremely simple. We talked about the marketing efforts we each make for the show, things we’ve tried that were successful, and some that were not.
If you’re podcasting, or thinking about starting a podcast, we hope that the information we’ve shared will be very helpful to you.
Among the formats we’re considering:
- Focusing on a single topic per episode
- Once a month episode devoted to cool tools
- One interview a month by Dave and B.L. and a really top tier guest
- Demos of the tools we use, like SEMRush, Lisbyn, Hootsuite, etc.
- Mini-case studies of projects we’re doing, to demonstrate how to get and measure results
- More Pro Tips from B.L. and David
- One monthly episode with our current format of Good, Bad & Ugly in marketing, advertising, PR and digital communications, plus Shiny New Objects, Politics and Stats you need to know
We don’t just want to tell you what we want to tell you.
What we really, really want to know is what YOU want to hear. So please email us (David’s email& BL’s email), Tweet to us, comment on our LinkedIn or Facebook page, or send smoke signals, but do send us your thoughts.
181 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 41 mins duration .