Manage episode 257627286 series 1067034
On today's episode of BTBHA podcast, Dr. Meaghan sits down with Reed Davis, Founder of the Functional Diagnostic Nutrition (FDN) Certification Course to discuss food sensitivities. The discussion addresses not only food sensitivities but how they need to be assessed and addressed in a functional medicine model.Reed is an expert in functional lab testing, data-guided health building protocols and holistic lifestyle approaches. Reed is widely known as one of the most successful and experienced functional lab educators in the world today, having provided functional assessments to over 10,000 clients as a clinical nutrition therapist and teaching over 3,000 health coaches and allied health professionals about hormone, immune, digestion, detoxification and nervous system issues. He uses five tests on all of his patients and one of them is food sensitivity testing. In this podcast, we discuss:
- What is a food sensitivity? How does it differ from food allergies and celiac disease?
- How to test for food sensitivities?
- If you are sensitivity to a food, do you have to avoid it for life?
- Why it is important to address food sensitivities on every patient?
- How digestive health is linked to overall health and wellness