Manage episode 195805776 series 1936762
Below are my notes:
- Some brief history 22LR
- History traces back to the mid 1800s
- Round we use today is largely unchanged and has been basically the same since 1887.
- Has a tapered heel bullet which means that the round itself is the same size as the case that holds it
- Is used in every type of rifle and pistol today.
- Round used in the Olympic biathlon.
- As a part of all that research and development in this cartridge bullets as light as 29 grains and as heavy as 60 grains have been made. They have made hollow points, solids, FMJs, copper washed and shotshells loaded with No. 12 shot in a plastic capsule. Industry estimates that annual production of the .22 LR is somewhere between 2 and 2 1/2 billion rounds
- Most common use today is 36 or 40 grain.
- What does grain mean? You’ll hear these terms a lot. Grain means the weight of the projectile itself. 1 grain is 1/7000th of a pound. Or to make it easier for those who understand the metric there are 15.43 grain per gram.
- Most popular round in shooting.
- My first rifle marlin 60 22 rifle
- My first pistol walther p22
- My first job in shooting was collecting the 22 cases after we were finished
Remember when making the burger to work the meat but don’t overwork it. When you overwork a burger it ends up more meatloafy and dry instead of deliciousness. And remember a burger is a blank canvas and you are the artist. I’d love to see your creations!
8 episodes available. A new episode about every 15 days averaging 27 mins duration .