Manage episode 244348539 series 1900058
The absolute MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED question I get about Early Retirement is “What do I do about healthcare?”
Without going into too much detail, we’re all aware that healthcare costs are fairly ridiculous in America. Not properly planning for healthcare can be catastrophic - one unexpected event can literally wipe you out.
Lynn Frair from FIHealthcare.com joins us today to share the results of her intense research into the options available to early retirees. She has found 18 different healthcare options and shares them with us. She also has created a crowdsourcing database for other options. (If you’ve got a different way to procure healthcare, she’d love to include it in her database!)
If you are on the path to financial independence, you NEED this episode.
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Lynn became interested in financial independence
- How she began investing at age 12
- The process of researching healthcare options
- 18 different options for healthcare
- Healthcare prevention
- The difference between deductibles, co-pays, and premiums
- And SO much more!
- Mr. Money Mustache
- Military Dollar
- BiggerPockets Money Podcast 80: Managing Money: How a Saver & a Spender Are Living Happily Ever After with Rich & Regular
- Rich & Regular
- From Childhood Poverty to Financial Freedom by Age 32 with Jillian Johnsrud
- Montana Money Adventures
- EconoMe Conference