Manage episode 242592357 series 1900058
Mindy sits down with Billy Hensley from The National Endowment for Financial Education to talk about Financial Education in America, and how NEFE is working to improve student and adult access to this oh-so-important information.
They discuss state-mandated financial education courses and the success rates for students in these states. Billy also shares his take on the mandates, and how YOU can get involved if your state does not yet have this requirement.
Billy also details how parents can get involved and bring this education into their children’s schools, where this is so desperately needed.
This shortened episode of BiggerPockets Money is especially important for parents who are trying to teach their children how to handle money.
In This Episode We Cover:
- The right time to start teaching kids about money
- The importance of understanding the needs versus wants at the very early age
- How to introduce financial education into elementary and middle school childrens' curriculum
- On financial education mandates
- How do we get mandates to all 50 states
- Misconception about financial education
- And SO much more!