Manage episode 225882253 series 2478842
Are you struggling with finding deals in today’s market, where the best properties go fast? On today’s show, we interview Neal Collins, an investor in the red hot Portland Oregon who has figured out a way to find deals before anyone else even sees them! Neal shares the brilliant strategy he’s created to build a world where the best deals find him.
In this show, you’ll learn how Neal was able to find a 4-plex to house hacked—and how he made an additional $8-10k a month, as well as how he built a property management company and real estate brokerage (hint: he created an army of deal finders that get paid to make him money and find him deals) where he does none of the work but reaps all of the profits, and his brilliant, simple strategy for raising private money than anyone can replicate (he really hits the nail on the head with this one).
If you’re looking for a solid, profitable, and step-by-step process to make money and build wealth with real estate, you won’t want to miss how Neal did just that!
In This Episode We Cover:
- Neal’s journey to real estate investing
- How he accidentally got into seller financing
- The importance of being able to pivot and change investment strategies
- The kinds of properties he looks for
- His thoughts on Airbnb and short-term rentals in general
- How he got into managing other people’s properties
- His experiences managing 200 units and owning a brokerage
- Three things every investor looks for: returns, security, and customer service
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Webinar
- Brandon’s Instagram
- David’s Instagram
- Properly (App)
- BiggerPockets Youtube Channel
- Be a Guest on the Podcast
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Long-Distance Real Estate Investing by David Greene
- Confessions of a Real Estate Entrepreneur by James A. Randel
- Shoe Dog by Phil Knight
Fire Round Questions
- How do you reset for your next short term rental guests?
- What “extra” amenities do you provide to make the stay special?
- I wanted to know if anyone has a solution for reducing the time it takes to get through turning over linens in your short term rentals?
- I’ve read that some experts present themselves to tenants as the property manager, not the landlord.
- “They talk about the numbers, but they are not talking about the work.” (Tweet This!)
- “You have to leverage other people’s time and experience or build systems so that you can leverage your own time to do that.” (Tweet This!)
- “The deals are not going to come to you. If you’re not consistently swinging the bat, you’re not going to hit the ball.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Neal