Manage episode 225882251 series 2478842
Have you ever thought about retiring early, traveling, and living your best life now? On today’s show, we interview Chad Carson, author of the new BiggerPockets Publishing book Retire Early With Real Estate.
Today Chad shares how he and his partner were able to accumulate 90 units and live purely off the money generated by their portfolio! In this episode, learn how Chad got started and the steps he took to elevate his business and which strategies he used to make $120,000 on one flip!
Chad’s story covers the gamut of flipping, wholesaling, buy-and-hold, and more. If you want to know what it looks like to retire early with real estate (including what you may be doing wrong right now, and how to change that), this is an episode you definitely want to download now!
In This Episode We Cover:
- Chad’s strategies for retiring early through real estate
- If focusing on cash flow or equity is the smarter move
- How to control your budget
- If offense or defense is more important when it comes to building wealth
- How Chad made $120K in one flip
- How tax-lien strategies work — and what Chad did to capitalize on them
- Why “starter” investment homes aren’t always the best choice to stick with
- How to transition from wholesaling to other investment strategies
- How many hours you can expect to work each week once you’ve retired early with real estate
- How “the stack” can help you grow your portfolio fast and efficiently
- How house hacking can lead to an early retirement
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Webinar
- BiggerPockets Podcast 084: Getting Started with Creative Finance and Designing Your Ideal Lifestyle With Chad Carson
- BiggerPockets Podcast 141: 7 Ways to Find Incredible Real Estate Deals with Chad Carson
- BiggerPockets Store
- BiggerPockets Money Podcast
- The Shockingly Simple Math Behind Early Retirement – Mr. Money Mustache
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Retire Early With Real Estate by Chad Carson
- 4-Hour Work Week by Timothy Ferriss
- Building Wealth One House at a Time by John Schaub
- Big Shifts Ahead by John Burns
- Wooden by John Wooden
Fire Round Questions
- What is the best advice you got when you where first starting out or before you purchase your first investment?
- How long do you spend each day, working with real estate?
- Can you retire early with a few paid off rentals?
- Can I really retire early on 4 duplexes?
- Is house hacking to early retirement a viable strategy?
- Real estate or Roth IRA?
- How do you set your criteria for rental property investing?
- “Our core skill as an investor is figuring the value of real estate.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Chad