Manage episode 225882231 series 2478842
Excited about real estate investing and looking for a blueprint to follow? Well, you’re in luck!
Today’s guest James Masotti is a well-rounded investor who’s piling up properties while working a full-time job.
James shares how he consistently finds deals in a competitive market (it’s not through the MLS), how he funds these deals (it’s not with his money), and how he handles the common complications every investor faces.
He also gives some great advice for acquiring properties already occupied by tenants, and explains how he keeps his partner and lenders happy even when things don’t go according to plan. He offers tips on planning for CapEx and dealing with the dark side of real estate investing, too.
Plus, you won’t want to miss his advice when it comes to building funnels to find deals, as well as just what to look for when interviewing real estate agents.
James has a straightforward, no-nonsense approaching to succeeding in today’s market and provides tons of good content for how you can do the same! Download this episode today!
In This Episode We Cover:
- Jame’s entrance into real estate investing while having a professional career
- Cash reserves and how he plans for CapEx
- How he finds and funds deals
- Dealing with tenant evictions
- Finding the lender you need
- What a debt cover ratio is
- Why he continuously builds funnels
- How to handle when things go wrong
- Analyzing and overcoming the dark side of real estate investing!
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Webinar
- Be a Guest on the Podcast
- Biggerpockets Investor Deal Diaries
- BiggerPockets Meetup and Events
- BiggerPockets Marketplace
- BiggerPockets Podcast 308: From 0 to 400 Units in 3.5 Years with Sterling White
- BiggerPockets Podcast 297: Mastering the Decision-Making Process with Business (and World Series of Poker) Champion Annie Duke
- BiggerPockets Podcast 304: Using Incredible Strength of Mindset to Succeed Despite Overwhelming Obstacles With Nick Santonastasso
- The Blitzkrieg Rent Collection Plan for Landlords (Blog)
- What is CapEx in Multifamily Real Estate Investing (Blog)
- Biggerpockets Bookstore
Books Mentioned in this Show
- The Book on Managing Rental Properties by Heather and Brandon Turner
- I Will Teach You To Be Rich by Ramit Sethi
- The Book on Estimating Rehab Costs by J. Scott
- The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- E-Myth by Michael E. Gerber
- Lifeonaire by Steve Cook
Fire Round Questions
- How to create a deal in partnership?
- Late rent problems, let me know your strategy!
- What are the most important rules of thumb you use when analyzing properties?
- “Real estate is very forgiving.” (Tweet This!)
- “When you’re looking to scale, you want to have reserves available.” (Tweet This!)
- “Don’t chase something that you’re not comfortable with because that’s when you get in trouble.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with James