Manage episode 217691194 series 83575
Interested in building giant wealth through multifamily real estate investing? Well, on today’s show, we interview someone who already has. Michael Becker is an experienced multifamily investor who’s mastered the genre and simplified the process for being successful! Michael shares what every new investor needs to know about avoiding the biggest mistakes in multifamily, how to invest no matter the market or how hot it is, four problems to watch out for that led to the last recession, and a lot more! You DO NOT want to miss the deep dive where Michael shares how he and his partners made $10M in profit using a combination of BRRRR, syndication techniques, private money, and prudent decision-making. If you’ve ever thought about moving into multifamily investing at some point, don’t miss this show!
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Michael got into real estate
- The value of partnerships and networking
- Tips for buying 16 multifamily units
- What a cap rate is
- His thoughts on a crash and timing the market
- How he raises money for a deal
- Relationship-building and how it helps in any business
- Advice for using webinars to pitch
- Tips for raising capital
- Why you want to keep presentations simple
- Unique advantages of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac loans
- Single family rentals vs. multifamily
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- Brandon’s Twitter Profile
- Brandon’s Instagram
- BiggerPockets Podcast 170: The Journey From Flipping Houses to Owning 1,470 Units with Andrew Cushman
- BiggerPockets Podcast 279: How to Find Overlooked Opportunities in a Hot Market with Andrew Cushman
Books Mentioned in this Show
- The Millionaire Real Estate Agent by Gary Keller
- The ABCs of Real Estate Investing by Ken McElroy
- The Advanced Guide to Real Estate Investing by Ken McElroy
- Am I Being Too Subtle by Sam Zell
Fire Round Questions
- Should we have an inspector walk through every unit?
- How do I do my first multi family syndication with no money down?
- Would you purchase all three together and secure one commercial loan for the properties or do I have to get three separate loans?
- “It’s much better to be the borrower than the lender when it comes to investing.” (Tweet This!)
- “All you really have to do is to close a deal or two.” (Tweet This!)
- “The world is full of capital.” (Tweet This!)
- “You don’t need to have everything. You just need to have access to it.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Michael
715 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 78 mins duration .