Manage episode 218220260 series 83575
Ever wonder about the REAL story behind the house flipping tv shows? On today’s show, we interview Ken Corsini, star of HGTV’s Flip or Flop Atlanta! Ken pulls back the curtain and shares fantastic insight and knowledge into several areas of real estate investing, from house flipping to new construction to owning a real estate brokerage!
In this episode, we cover Ken’s methods for finding deals in hot markets, how to recognize general contractor “price creep” (and what to do about it), and how to craft multiple exit strategies that will serve you in any market. Ken also shares some fantastic insight regarding his technique for staying flexible to protect himself from market downturns that you do NOT want to miss (if you value keeping money over losing it)!
In This Episode We Cover:
- Why Ken kicks himself for selling houses he flipped
- How he adapted to a changing market when hedge funds took over
- How he started a construction business to keep up with the growing demand for big rehabs
- How he recognizes what the best strategy is for each market
- What “price creep” is—and what to do when you find it
- Why adaptability is your best ability
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- The Office (TV series)
- BiggerPockets’ Calculators
- BiggerPockets’ Rehab Estimator Calculator
- Turn-Key Property Investing: An Interview with Ken Corsini
- How to Buy Your First Home or Investment Property with No Down Payment (Carleton Sheets)
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
Fire Round Questions
- What are thoughts on building a duplex or triplex, or something like that?
- I’m trying to figure out how to estimate what the new home(s) will be worth
- What have you found as the best financing for new construction of investment properties?
- What type of insurance do you all recommend for short term real estate holding and construction?
- Could I hypothetically take a whole rundown neighboorhood and turn it into a highly desirable place to live?
- My question is what is the best way to legally structure to protect us both and also best structure tax wise?
- “I don’t think you can stay relevant if you don’t watch the signs and learn to adapt your business.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Ken
719 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 76 mins duration .