Manage episode 223226690 series 83575
Would your life be positively impacted by owning over 400 rental units? What if you could get there in under four years? On today’s show, we interview BiggerPockets contributor Sterling White, who has managed to do just that!
Sterling shares how he started his entrepreneurial journey selling Pokemon cards and eventually worked his way up to owning over 150 single family properties (and several multifamilies as well). He also shares how he finds 90-100% of his properties OFF MARKET using a five-step system for finding and closing on them (so simple anyone can do it), as well as the script he uses when speaking directly to sellers. You don’t want to miss his powerful secret for building rapport with potential leads (by sending a specific puzzle to them in the mail) and how he raises money to close on these properties.
If you want to scale your business and want the blueprint for how to do it, don’t miss this powerful episode!
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Sterling got into real estate, working for free just to learn
- Negotiating equity: What is it?
- Why you possibly shouldn’t go the wholesaling route
- The benefit of focusing on your strengths
- How to work with your family and friends and branching out from there
- How he finds deals—cold call mixed with direct mail
- Why he sends Rubik’s cubes to prospects
- Tips for creating a network of investors by building a funnel
- What his team looks like
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Calculators
- BiggerPockets Events
- Better Business Bureau
- BiggerPockets Blog
- BiggerPockets Facebook Profile
- BiggerPockets Podcast 061: How to Succeed in Multifamily Investing – A Unique Conversation with Josh, Brandon, and Ben
- BiggerPockets Podcast 170: The Journey From Flipping Houses to Owning 1,470 Units with Andrew Cushman
- BiggerPockets Youtube Channel
- Brandon’s Instagram
- David’s Instagram
Books Mentioned in this Show
- 90 Days of Intention by Brandon Turner (Journal)
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook by Gary Vaynerchuk
- Multi-Family Millions by David Lindahl
- Lead the Field by Earl Nightingale
Fire Round Questions
- Should you invest in a passive deal first or jump straight in to being a deal sponsor?
- What do you believe are the pros/cons or benefits/risks of investing in multifamily and residential rental properties?
- Can you wholesale multifamily properties?
- What expenses I should consider when analyzing an apartment complex?
- Does anyone have any creative ways to target owners of apartment complexes to try and complete a deal?
- “You just have to train yourself to get past objections.” (Tweet This!)
- “Share your story to other people who are where you were.” (Tweet This!)
- “If you can’t negotiate the price, negotiate the terms.” (Tweet This!)
- “Everything is selling. Even when you’re buying, you still have to sell.” (Tweet This!)
- “We all have a short amount of time on this planet, so might as well go after your dreams and goals ultimately.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Sterling
719 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 76 mins duration .