#334: Using Other People’s Money to Take Down Flips, Multifamily and Self-Storage Deals with Ben Lapidus
Manage episode 236020242 series 83575
Self-storage with OPM!
Today’s guest Ben Lapidus sits down and spills the beans on his strategies for buying self-storage units and running an investment fund with other people’s money. Ben has some really great advice for those who want to get started in self-storage, including how he got started getting 25% of other people’s deals, why he jumped from single family into commercial opportunities, and how he mitigates risk in the self storage space. You also won’t want to miss what he shares regarding how he picks a market, his criteria for buying a deal, and where he recommends brand new self storage investors get their start (hint-it’s all about size).
If you want to have your mind blown, you CAN’T miss his technique for seller financing negotiating where he improves his terms by saving the seller’s money on their taxes-brilliant! This episode is completely full of high energy, content packed, practical advice for getting into commercial opportunities with other people’s money and we guarantee you will learn a TON.
Download today and buckle your seat belt!In This Episode We Cover:
- How Ben found real estate after finding success in other business ventures
- Starting off investing with partners and getting 25% of the deal with none of the risk or capital
- Why he jumped from SFR to apartments
- What he learned buying an awful property on his first deal
- How he put together his first syndication
- Why he invests in self storage
- How he found opportunities while looking for something else
- How he focuses on his strengths and finds partners to handle his weaknesses
- How he finds deals in today’s market
- His criteria for what he needs to see in a market
- How he mitigates risk when buying self storage
- Why he looks for “expansion potential”
- How he finances his deals, the strategy he recommends for newer self storage buyers to look into
- His BRILLIANT tax saving strategy he uses to save thousands of dollars on seller financing opportunities
- The one thing he think should be taught in school that isn’t
- How he recommends people improve their people skills and forming connections
- And SO much more!
715 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 79 mins duration .