Manage episode 272245016 series 83575
Over 400 episodes, we've absorbed a lot of hard-won real estate investing wisdom from our guests. Pretty tough to boil down to 10 concepts... but that's exactly what Brandon and David set out to do on today's show!
You'll hear them outline each principle, cite the person they learned it from, and bring it to life with real-world examples from their own investing experience as well as those of previous guests.
It's a fitting tribute to a major milestone for the show, and we hope it inspires you to revisit some classic episodes and implement this advice in your own business right away.
Thank you for supporting us; we sincerely appreciate you. If you like what we do, can we ask you to take 30 seconds to leave us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts? Every single one helps, and seeing your feedback motivates us to create more value on the road to episode 500!
In This Episode We Cover:
- Playing "great defense" with your spending
- The danger of jumping the gun with the wrong tenant, deal, or partner
- Focusing on one niche until you're a master
- Asking yourself exactly what you need to achieve your vision
- Ways your ego can cost you money in real estate investing
- Tracking results and constantly improving
- Only investing in assets you know well
- Why you should strive to be great at your day job
- Why bigger deals aren't necessarily more harder
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Bookstore
- Andy Frisella
- BiggerPockets Podcast 353: Turning $5K Into $5K/Month and Retiring at 40 with Tim Rhode
- My Body Tutor
- Josh Dorkin
- BiggerPockets Podcast 356: 30+ Rentals (in a Pricy Market) Through BRRRR and Section 8 with Joe Asamoah
- BiggerPockets Podcast 362: Big Goals? Here’s How to Get Your Spouse or Partner on Board with Jay and Wendy Papasan
- BiggerPockets Podcast 113: Becoming a Millionaire Real Estate Investor Using The One Thing with Jay Papasan
- BiggerPockets Podcast 276: Early Retirement ($10k/Month) by Age 35 with Bryce Stewart
- James Wedmore
- BiggerPockets Podcast 330: How to Ditch Distractions and Get WAY More Done With Cal Newport
- BiggerPockets Podcast 245: Creating Wealth that Lasts Generations with Bestselling Author Ryan Holiday
- BiggerPockets Podcast 396: Post-COVID-19 Investing and Landing Great Deals at Auctions with David Osborn and Aaron Amuchastegui
- BiggerPockets Podcast 328: How to Laser-Focus on the Wildly Important With Author Chris McChesney
- BiggerPockets Podcast 246: Surviving the Coming Crash, Earning 20% Returns, and Buying Mobile Home Parks with Kevin Bupp
- BiggerPockets Podcast 262: $600,000 Per Month in Gross Rents from Mobile Home Parks with Jefferson Lilly
- BiggerPockets Podcast 125: The Key to Business Success with Bestselling Author of The E-Myth Michael Gerber
Check the full show notes here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/show400