Manage episode 283375674 series 83575
Anson Young’s voice may sound familiar to you, that’s because he’s been on the podcast four times! Every time he’s back we learn something new, and today, Anson is talking about how to find and fund great deals, regardless of your schedule, or budget. You don’t need to be a full-time real estate professional to find great deals, just be sure to follow Anson’s advice.
If you haven’t heard Anson’s prior episodes, here’s a recap. Anson has touched on almost every aspect of real estate investing. He flips, he wholesales, and he sells houses as an agent, meaning he has a huge amount of knowledge to share to BiggerPockets listeners. On average, Anson is doing 12-15 flips a year, 10 wholesale deals a year, and a dozen or so sales a year as an agent.
Anson has some great advice on finding off-market (and on-market) deals that include driving for dollars, door knocking, and list building. He also shares how to build a profitable list, what neighborhoods to look into for deals, and how to specify what type of home you’re trying to get depending on your goals.
If you’ve been trying to get your foot in the door to real estate investing, Anson shares why many people have trouble at the start. It all comes down to consistency. If you’re new, it may be fun at first to start driving for dollars, but are you doing it consistently? Do you have an accountability partner that can hold you to a high standard to get the work done? Are you systematizing your leads or trying to juggle them all in your head?
We also talk about Anson’s fantastic book Finding and Funding Great Deals, where you can find everything you need to find and fund your next real estate deal. We’re also happy to announce the BiggerPockets Book Club, where you can hear from Anson live and ask him questions about his deals, his book, and his portfolio!
In This Episode We Cover:
- How to find profitable deals in hot markets
- Determining your goals and aligning them to your investor strategy
- What to do if you struggle with consistency in real estate investing
- How to analyze not only your deals but your market as a whole
- What to look for in niche lists when prospecting off-market deals
- Hiring out jobs to get your lead funnel filled
- How to have your letter stand out when doing direct mail marketing
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- David's Instagram
- Brandon's Instagram
- BiggerPockets Book Club
- BiggerPockets Podcast 034: Virtual Real Estate Investing and How to Find Great Deals in a Hot Market with Anson Young
- BiggerPockets Podcast 096: Finding Deals, Wholesaling and House Flipping in a Hot Market With Anson Young
- BiggerPockets Podcast 235: How to Find and Fund Real Estate Deals with Anson Young
- BiggerPockets Podcast 328: How to Laser-Focus on the Wildly Important With Author Chris McChesney
- Official BiggerPockets Facebook Group
- BiggerPockets Podcast 012 : Wholesaling and Marketing with Sharon Vornholt
- BiggerPockets Podcast 437: How Your “Worst Case Scenario” Can Set You Free From a Job You Hate with Marie Forleo
- BiggerPockets Podcast 365: Ret. Navy SEAL Jocko Willink on Embracing Discomfort and Leading Through Extreme Ownership (+ His Real Estate Investing Tips!)
Check the full show notes here: http://biggerpockets.com/show438