Manage episode 283625727 series 83575
Last week’s show with Marie Forleo was so good that Brandon and David are back with a special guest, BiggerPockets’ senior producer Kevin Leahy, to unpack all the wisdom from the “figureoutable” show.
Kevin learnt about Marie Forleo though his wife suggesting he take some of her advice when transitioning into his current position at BiggerPockets. A simple trick from Marie helped Kevin make some big decisions: see if your body expands or contracts when you think about two different options. This trick, along with her insight on writing your options down in order to take a step back from your situation, has helped Kevin make some hard decisions.
If you listened to last week’s show, you’ll remember that Marie touched on how important marketing is in any industry. Whether you’re a real estate agent, a buy and hold investor, or a flipper, you have to be marketing to get clients, deals, and even employees. How are you differentiating yourself in the market, and what can you do to be “that guy” or “that girl” in your specific industry?
You’ll also hear a special tip on how Kevin lost a deal to another buyer, and the exact tactic that the other buyer used to get the property under contract. Kevin goes through why this is such a great tactic for making sellers comfortable and how you can deploy it in your future deals as well.
In This Episode We Cover:
- How to stop trying to force square pegs into round holes
- The importance of taking a step back when assessing the situation
- Harnessing intense emotions to make a better game plan
- Why every business person NEEDS marketing in their industry
- How to differentiate yourself within a market
- Standing out to sellers to get more deals underway
- And So Much More!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Podcast
- BiggerPockets book store
- BiggerPockets Podcast 437: How Your “Worst Case Scenario” Can Set You Free From a Job You Hate with Marie Forleo
Click here to check the full show notes: https://www.biggerpockets.com/show439