Manage episode 158511024 series 133473
It took a while to get John Sileo on the show after my team heard him speak at an ISACA conference. He is a very in demand speaker and you will see why soon.
John Sileo’s identity was stolen and used to embezzle $300,000 from his clients. The exposure destroyed John’s career and consumed two years of his life as he fought to stay out of jail.
Combining real-world experience with years of study, John became an award-winning author and leading expert on cyber security, identity theft and data privacy.
John is CEO of The Sileo Group, a data security think tank that helps organizations protect the information that drives their profits. His body of work includes engagements with the Pentagon, USA Today, Visa, 60 Minutes, Homeland Security, Rachael Ray, Schwab and organizations of all sizes.
John graduated with honors from Harvard University and spends his free time with his remarkable wife and two highly spirited daughters.Major take – aways from this episode are:
- Why do you start with Why? With IT Security. Security starts with a person behind the social security number.
- The Difference between Offense (CIO) and Defense (CSO) for IT Business Leaders.
- The importance of splitting the role of CSO away from the CIO – so that you don’t have defense reporting to offense.
- Renting CSO Services vs buying.
- Building security as a habit – Review the Book by Privacy Means Profit: Prevent Identity Theft and Secure You and Your Bottom Line
104 episodes available. A new episode about every 18 days averaging 49 mins duration .