#064: Joy, Inc. -The Courage and Vulnerability Needed to Change the Culture of Your Company -With Richard Sheridan
Manage episode 166699766 series 133473
While listening to my podcast interview with Rich Sheridan, you will get an innovative perspective on people, culture and design from one of the top organizational leaders and business builders in the US today.
I am fascinated with people who have the enormous courage, heart, vulnerability it takes to actually do things differently (in Rich’s case, radically different). Whether you are a business IT leader employed by a company, or an entrepreneur. Rich and I cover equally cover the two, because he has had massive success with both.
This discussion is a master- class. I felt like he was speaking to me personally on how to think about my own company and my own teams. I trust his message will be equally ring true for you.
Make sure to check out the show notes page at redzonetech.net/podcast where you can connect with him via twitter.About Rich Sheridan
Rich Sheridan got started as a kid programmer in 1971. He is the author of Joy, Inc. He is a Michigan graduate BS Computer Science + MS Computer Engineering. He has never shied from challenges, opportunities nor the limelight. While his focus has always been around technology, his passion is actually process, teamwork and organizational design, with one inordinately popular goal: the Business Value of Joy! He is an avid reader and historian, and his software design and development team at Menlo Innovations didn't invent a new culture, but copied an old one ... Edison's Menlo Park New Jersey lab. Henry Ford's recreation of the Menlo Park Lab in Greenfield Village was a childhood inspiration!
Some call it agile, some call it lean … Rich and his team call it joyful. And it produces results, business and otherwise. Six Inc. magazine revenue growth awards, invites to the White House, speaking engagements around the nation, numerous articles and culture awards and so much interest they are doing a tour a day of the Menlo Software Factory™.Major Take-Aways From This Episode:
- How to handle the chaos of software development with process and culture,
- The process of installing a culture of delight into your teams,
- His version of instilling accountability and service,
- The concept of team flow,
- One simple phrase to disarm every naysayer ever again.
Read full transcript here.How to get in touch with Rich Sheridan
- Joy Inc.| Rich Sheridan - keynote at the 2014 VitalSmarts REACH conference.
- Entrepreneurship Hour Talk - Michigan Engineering, The University of Michigan College of Engineering
- Extreme Programming Explained: Embrace Change - Kent Beck
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable - Patrick Lencioni
- Getting Naked: A Business Fable About Shedding the Three Fears That Sabotage Client Loyalty - Patrick Lencioni
- Crucial Accountability: Tools for Resolving Violated Expectations, Broken Commitments, and Bad Behavior - Vital Smarts
- Influencer: The New Science of Leading Change - Vital Smarts
- Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box - Arbinger Institute
- The Anatomy of Peace: Resolving the Heart of Conflict - Arbinger Institute
- IDEO Website - global design company creating positive impact through design
This episode is sponsored by the CIO Scoreboard, a powerful tool that helps you communicate the status of your IT Security program visually in just a few minutes.
Credits: * Outro music provided by Ben’s Sound
Leave a Review If you enjoyed this episode, then please consider leaving an iTunes review here
Click here for instructions on how to leave an iTunes review if you're doing this for the first time.
104 episodes available. A new episode about every 18 days averaging 49 mins duration .