Steenhuisen leads DA; SAA intl flights resume; Ex-Denel staff 'stole' missile IP; Platinum wage deal; Wiese
Manage episode 246399372 series 2168632
In today's business headlines:
- John Steenhuisen has been elected as the interim federal leader of the Democratic Alliance and says race is not being ignored by the party.
- South African Airways has resumed some of its international flights last night but wage strikes are continuing.
- A security breach at arms manufacturer Denel may have led to the theft of missile technology according to a report in City Press.
- Shoprite chairman, Christo Wiese will retire from Africa’s biggest grocer by next year’s annual general meeting, putting an end date to a tenure that has spanned almost three decades; and
- Platinum producers have sealed a pay agreement with the sector’s biggest labour union in South Africa in negotiations that have been described by an analysts as the best we have seen in 25 years.