Watsons charge Agrizzi for theft; Strike could end SAA; Job losses at SAPO; Tencent pulls down Naspers; Kolisi effect boosts Spar
Manage episode 246161913 series 2168632
In today's business headlines:
- Jared Watson, the nephew of former Bosasa CEO, Gavin Watson has laid a criminal complaint against whistle blower Angelo Agrizzi for the theft of R35m.
- South African Airways warn that there may be no recovery if the "mother of all strikes" goes ahead.
- The Post Office is another state-owned company that has detailed plans to lay off workers as the government looks to slash its wage bill.
- Naspers shares were pulled down by quarterly Tencent earnings that missed the lower analyst's estimates; and
- South Africa’s rugby win has given a boost to the country’s supermarkets. That is according to Spar CEO Graham O' Connor.