Archive this series
This week we are excited to bring you an interview with Neil Melanson. Neil is one of the top MMA coaches teaching grappling. Neil is the former Head Grappling coach at both Xtreme Couture Las Vegas and Alliance MMA you will now find him as Head Coach of The Blackzillians MMA Team. Neil has coached many fighters including Dominic Cruz, Randy Couture, and Michael Chandler.
We talk about:
- Not training with the gi
- What is catch wrestling
- The rules, submissions, and tactics of catch wrestling
- Ground fighting for MMA
- Why some wrestlers struggle doing MMA grappling
- Neutralizing an athletic opponent
- The importance of having a good attitude for training
- Learning things from lower belts
- The problem with hierarchy in grappling
- How to make grappling more interesting
- Being able to submit someone that is better than you
- The changes in the leg lock game
- His Catch Wrestling Formula DVD
- Using the cage for grappling in mma
- Neil Melanson's DVD THE CATCH WRESTLING FORMULA
- Neil Melanson on Facebook
Quote of the week: "To get better you have to step out of your comfort zone. You can't do the same things you've always done & improve." Jordan Burroughs
Article of the week: There are Two Types of Coaches. Which are You?
Catch us next week for another episode of The BjjBrick Podcast
192 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 100 mins duration .