Manage episode 174338278 series 80354
This week we have an interview with Second Degree Ribeiro Black Belt Matt Jubera. He as won pan ams multiple times in different divisions.
We talk about:
- His start with BJJ
- Starting wrestling in highschool
- Using his wrestling in BJJ
- Why being a little bit lazy can help you add efficiency to your BJJ
- Using a heavy pressure style
- Focusing on the bread and butter moves
- The idea of training ugly
- Upcoming competitions
- Tips for how he has been able to stay injury free
- Tips for preparing mentally for a competition
- Advice for training on a busy schedule
- Competition training advice
- Building a good defense your first few years
Quote of the week:This week we have three quotes presented by Neil Melanson.
- Iron sharpens Iron, so one person sharpens another Proverbs 27:17
- As a coach figure out why not how
- Loyalty goes two ways
Article of the week: Are You Doing the Right Things Before and After BJJ?
Gary's audiobook is called "Iron Sharpens Iron, Just Like Gary Sharpens Byron"Please check out this video if you are interested in supporting The BjjBrick Podcast. The BjjBrick Wall of Support is being constructed and you can help
Catch us next week for another episode of The BjjBrick Podcast
228 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 99 mins duration .