Archive this series
The List of people that have tapped out Marcelo Garcia is short but it includes Dustin Denes AKA Clean. Enjoy this weeks interview because it is going to be like nothing you have heard before.
We talk about:
- Becoming a Brazilian National Champion in 2000
- Tapping out Marcelo Garcia with a RNC
- Being certain that you will be successful
- Tapping into your full potential
- Motivation vs discipline
- How he developed discipline as a boy
- How he got the name "Clean"
- Chasing efforts
- The definition of "Chop Certified" and "Jiu-Jitsu Chop"
- Teaching productivity while doing a BJJ seminar
- Why he learns everyone's name while teaching a seminar
- Why he teaches a smaller number of techniques that you will be able to remember
- Why you have a good side and a great side not a bad side
- Tips on goal setting
- How pain motivated him to win tournaments
- Why it is important to make some sacrifices when preparing for a tournament
Quote of the week: "I only train on days ending in a Y." Neil Ohlenkamp
Article of the week: Hey, Jiu-Jitsu Competitors, Stop Apologizing For Your Losses
Gary's book this week is called "The Hair Lock"
Catch us next week for another episode of The BjjBrick Podcast
192 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 100 mins duration .