Archive this series
Elizabeth Clay is in the record books as the youngest person to qualify for ADCC. She trains in Anchorage Alaska at Legacy Jiu-Jitsu. She has been training since the age of twelve. We are excited to watch her compete in the 2017 ADCC.
We talk about:
- Starting BJJ at twelve
- The game she like to use for competitions
- How her game changes based on the rules
- Training for worlds and ADCC
- Training 7 days a week and 2-4 times a day
- Swimming and hills for cardio
- Graduating school early
- Her team is basically all male
- Listening to music before competing
- Competing in the adults division to get good matches
- Legacy Jiu Jitsu in Anchorage Alaska
- Alaska fight shop
- Zebra Athletics featuring Elisabeth Clay
- Elisabeth Clay on Facebook
Quote of the week: "Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life. Tip Toe if you must, but take a step." Naeem Callaway
Article of the week: Why I Do Jiu-Jitsu by Joe Thomas
June 17th is "Bring Your Dad to Jiu-Jitsu Day"
Gary's audio book is called "tippy toe to a double leg"
Catch us next week for another episode of The BjjBrick Podcast
192 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 100 mins duration .