Archive this series
Elizabeth Clay is in the record books as the youngest person to qualify for ADCC. She trains in Anchorage Alaska at Legacy Jiu-Jitsu. She has been training since the age of twelve. We are excited to watch her compete in the 2017 ADCC.
We talk about:
- Starting BJJ at twelve
- The game she like to use for competitions
- How her game changes based on the rules
- Training for worlds and ADCC
- Training 7 days a week and 2-4 times a day
- Swimming and hills for cardio
- Graduating school early
- Her team is basically all male
- Listening to music before competing
- Competing in the adults division to get good matches
- Legacy Jiu Jitsu in Anchorage Alaska
- Alaska fight shop
- Zebra Athletics featuring Elisabeth Clay
- Elisabeth Clay on Facebook
Quote of the week: "Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life. Tip Toe if you must, but take a step." Naeem Callaway
Article of the week: Why I Do Jiu-Jitsu by Joe Thomas
June 17th is "Bring Your Dad to Jiu-Jitsu Day"
Gary's audio book is called "tippy toe to a double leg"Please check out this video if you are interested in supporting The BjjBrick Podcast. The BjjBrick Wall of Support is being constructed and you can help
Catch us next week for another episode of The BjjBrick Podcast
200 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 102 mins duration .