Manage episode 185233676 series 80354
This week we talk to Ricardo Almeida black belt Eddie Fyvie. Eddie is organizing an innovative tournament called the Rickson Gracie Cup. This tournament will feature both BJJ, self-defense, and a seminar by Rickson Gracie.
We talk about:
- The Rickson Gracie Cup September 9 and 10
- A Rickson Gracie seminar the evening of September 10
- Promoting self defense with BJJ
- The basic rules for the self defense contest
- What is was like to host the biggest BJJ seminar in US history
- Teaching BJJ to 320 people at the same time
- What does self defense bring to jiu-jitsu
- Not having advantages in this tournament
- Using a stalling clock like a shot clock
- Giving incentives for competitors to finish the match
Quote of the week: "You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war." Napoleon Bonaparte
Article of the week: Understand Where The Danger Is! And Don’t Be There!
A special thank you to Berry White for making a brief appearance!
[caption id="attachment_3444" align="alignright" width="219"] Please check out this video if you are interested in supporting The BjjBrick Podcast.[/caption]
Catch us next week for another episode of The BjjBrick Podcast
228 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 99 mins duration .