Manage episode 190068038 series 80354
It is a honor to bring back BJJ black belt Andre "Tim" Monteiro. Andre is known for having a vast knowledge of the game, a killer half guard, and a overall nice guy.
We talk about:
- His team A-Force BJJ
- Mistakes people make when they learn a lot from youtube
- Tips on teaching a seminar
- Running a school and traveling
- Keeping an open mind to learning jiu-jitsu
- Leaving your BJJ school
- Off the mat training
- Changes in his game over the last few years
- Why he is getting more submissions in compeititon
- The goals he has set for himself and his business
Quote of the week: “It's always better to attack than to defend," Coram had told her when they talked about fencing late at night. "Always. Ye don't win with defense--ye only hold the other feller off, or wear him down. Attack and have done with it!” ― Tamora Pierce, Alanna: The First Adventure
Article of the week: Saying “I do” to the Right BJJ School
[caption id="attachment_4888" align="alignright" width="225"] Find out how to support the BjjBrick Podcast here![/caption]
The Life lesson this week was about making the most of a disappointing tournament.
Catch us next week for another episode of The BjjBrick Podcast
223 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 101 mins duration .