Manage episode 191459499 series 80354
This week we bring you an interview with Ricardo Almeida. Ricardo is a UFC veteran and 4th degree black belt under Renzo Gracie. He also currently coaches several UFC fighters including Frankie Edgar and Eddie Alvarez.
We talk about:
- His MMA career
- Starting martial arts in karate and changing to jiu-jitsu
- Why he enjoys nogi more than training with the gi
- Why he does not have his MMA guys train in the gi at all
- Transitioning from grappling to MMA
- Common problems grapplers experience when doing MMA
- Running two martial arts schools one in Newton Pa, and the other in Robbinsville, NJ
- Some off the mat benefits for kids and adults from BJJ
- His future goals for competitive grappling
- Rivalries in MMA and BJJ
- What he was like as a 16 year old blue belt
Quote of the week: "The breaking of a wave cannot explain the whole sea." Vladimir Nabokov
Article of the week: BJJ BENEFITS #2: HEALTH & WELLNESS
Gary shares a heart touching and motivativating story about living life to the fullest.
[caption id="attachment_4888" align="alignright" width="225"] Find out how to support the BjjBrick Podcast here![/caption]
Catch us next week for another episode of The BjjBrick Podcast
223 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 101 mins duration .