Manage episode 202237661 series 80354
This is an episode of BjjBrick Extra! Joe has an outstanding interview with Sam Spiegelman. Sam has written a bunch of great articles on Breaking Muscle.
We talk about:
- His start to BJJ after college
- Transitioning from Judo to BJJ
- Starting strength and conditioning for BJJ
- The importance of rest
- Making an off season for your BJJ
- The benefits of off the mat training for your BJJ
- Cutting weight for a tournament
- Warming up properly
- Recovering between matches
- Tips for people new to BJJ
- Things a blue belt should know
- Teaching a kids class
- Sam on Breaking Muscle
- The 4 Biggest Mistakes Competitors Make At A BJJ Tournament
- New Breed Training Center
Extra Tip: We give a tip about wrist locks
Extra Question: Help, my instructor is not showing me the things I need to know
We play a joke on Gary and use as many Idioms as we can. He is always able to laugh at a good prank.
[caption id="attachment_4888" align="alignright" width="225"] Find out how to support the BjjBrick Podcast here![/caption]
Catch us next week for another episode of The BjjBrick Podcast
254 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 102 mins duration .