Manage episode 278377840 series 2793008
Welcome to episode 61 of the Blind Tech Guys. As always, thanks to all of you for tuning in and a special welcome to our first time listeners.
What’s New, In The News
- Google Pay launching 'Plex' bank accounts with Citi next year
- Google Pay gets a huge overhaul with a new design and cashback rewards
- Zoom Adds New Security Features To Stop 'Zoombombers'
- Samsung produced the top-selling 5G phone worldwide in September
- Amazon Music Now Has X-Ray So You Can Learn While Streaming Songs
- Google Chrome support for Windows 7 will be extended another year
- WhatsApp tests a new feature that will let you ignore conversations easily
Main Discussion On Today’s Episode
On this week's episode, Nimer demonstrated the use of the new Google Pay app. It was clear that a lot of work still needs to be done to make this application fully functional, so we suggest waiting until it is formally released, rather than rushing out and downloading the early access version.
Warren’s Tip Of The Week
This week, Warren discussed Alpha Backup Pro and demonstrated the app’s functionality. Disappointingly, this app still has a long way to go in order to be fully accessible, and the team would certainly appreciate the opportunity to interview the developer of Alpha Backup pro so we can go about discussing what changes we would like made and to explain to him the importance of accessibility and why this is such a vital component to blind and visually-impaired users.
- Check out the app on the Playstore.
We received two very thought-provoking listener emails this week and the team appreciates each of you for taking the time to ask your questions and we hope that we managed to answer them to your satisfaction.
- To get in touch, send us an email to email@example.com
- In order to support the show, please share this podcast, and subscribe using your favourite podcatcher. Links can be found at the Blind Tech Guys website.
- We can also be found on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Finally, why not join the Blind Tech Guys Telegram group or be a part of our mailing list by sending a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Support the show (https://www.pod.fan/blind-tech-guys)★ Support this podcast ★