Manage episode 292944182 series 2118657
On this episode of both the Blind Tiger Record Club Podcast (The Forty Five) and "On Air" on Lightning 100 (100.1 FM WRLT, Nashville, TN), David W. Williams, Rudy Newman and Kevin Lee discuss the B.T.R.C. May Spotlight Album and New Store Additions.
Our Spotlight album is a new release that we really are excited about, but it's not part of our member's Record of the Month Program. We pick one new release every month for the club to "Spotlight". The other four to five albums discussed on this episode are newly added albums to the B.T.R.C. Record Store in the last thirty days. All these albums are available for purchase at BlindTigerRecordClub.com.
Here are the albums included in this episode of The Forty Five and On Air:
- Spotlight Album - Dinosaur Jr. | Sweep It Into Space (Ltd. Ed. Translucent Purple Ripple Vinyl)
- David Gray | Skellig (2XLP Gatefold Jacket Vinyl)
- White Lion | The Best of White Lion (Ltd. Ed. 180G, 2XLP Purple Gatefold Jacket Vinyl)
- Maranda Lambert, Jack Ingram, and John Randall | The Marfa Tapes (Ltd. Ed. 140G 2XLP Gatefold Jacket Vinyl)
- Greta Van Fleet | The Battle At Garden's Gate (2XLP Gatefold Jacket Vinyl)
Whether or not you are a member of Blind Tiger Record Club, the Forty Five and On Air are great ways to get introduced to some new artists and discover some albums that you may not be familiar with. All the music in our subscription program and that we discuss on this show are on vinyl and have been released in the last 30 - 60 days. The show is designed to be a discovery platform for new music "on vinyl", but even if you do not collect or listen to vinyl, its still a fun way to hear new music.
*This episode was originally aired May 17, 2020 on Lightning 100 (WRLT) in Nashville, TN. 100.1 FM. lightning100.com/blindtiger
Hosts: David W. Williams, Rudy Newman, and Kevin Lee
Executive Producer - David W. Williams
A Blind Tiger Entertainment, LLC Production
This episode was edited and mixed by the team at Sound On Studios
Theme song written and produced by Jasen Rauch