Block Podcast Episode 2 - Organ Donation, Sustainability Statements, Solar Panels to make money and much more...
Manage episode 157169079 series 1212660
We are extremely encouraged with the response to Block Podcast Episode 1 and with the number and variety of people who have expressed an interest in taking part either on a regular basis or, periodically when their area of expertise is required. episode 2 of the Block Podcast was recorded on the Friday 5th August and we were delighted to welcome some guests along to take part, let us introduce them to you:
Evelyn Laurie, Principal, Red Marketing
Paul McComish, CEO McComish Group
John Stobbs, Director of Operations, Sap Service UK
Also on the podcast we have Kenneth Martin, Managing Director, Block Architects and Gordon White, Managing Director, fatBuzz Ltd
As you will probably gather, we had great fun recording the second episode of the podcast with some lively discussion and the odd bit of humour! We hope we have captured some really interesting content for you, here's some of the things we discuss during the podcast:
• Live organ donation - nothing to do with building design or property by we thought, given Kenneth's experience, we would have a very brief chat about the very topical subject of payments for live organs.
• Sustainability Statements - what's it all about and what are the associated costs and implications for house builders?
• Zero carbon emissions - is it really achievable?
• Solar panels as an investment - we look at the "Roof-for Rent" proposition and discuss some of the issues surrounding it
• Insurance claims - what's the insurance company's view - Like-for-Like vs replacement with a sustainable solution
• Social media in the property industry - how do you project your personal brand where we refer to the expert advice of Jennifer Holloway, Managing Director, Spark Branding
• We also ask the question - Are CV's a thing of the past
• Recruitment - Is there a shortage of skills? Are graduates ready for the workplace? Is there a better solution for training tradesmen in the future?
We hope you enjoy the discussion on this podcast and, if you would like to take part in a future episode please email Gordon White or Kenneth Martin for a chat.
We would also like to get some feedback from you about the podcast and suggestions for topics you would like us to cover; you can either leave them as a comment here on the blog or, on our Facebook Page at faceboo.com/blockarchitects
11 episodes available. A new episode about every 74 days .